Why get a facial?
Not only will a facial invigorate your skin with improved blood flow, you will leave with skin that has been hydrated and protected from damaging ultraviolet radiation. Included at no extra charge is the pampering and relaxation you richly deserve! A typical facial takes 60-90 minutes or check out the quickie facial if you don't have that much time to spare.
What exactly is microdermabrasion and what results can I expect to see from this treatment?
Microdermabrasion treatments provide quick exfoliation of dead skin cells and debris which clog pores from the top layers of the skin. It is a very common, non-surgical procedure with minimal risks. It is not painful. When the diamond-encrusted wand is passed over the skin you feel a mild scratching and vibrating sensation. Most clients actually like the feeling as the skin is invigorated and exfoliated, revealing a brighter, smoother appearance. There is no down time, and you can apply powder or light makeup and return to work afterwards.
Why wax when you can shave?
Waxing removes the hair at the root rather than merely on the surface. This provides for longer times between waxing as opposed to shaving. The caveat is that waxing can only remove the hair that is long enough at the time of waxing (approximately 1/2 inch). Hair grows all the time so some hair will grow after you wax as it was not above the surface or was not sufficiently long at the time of the waxing. However, over time and regular waxing you should notice that the hair becomes less dense as many of the hairs will not grow back due to follicle damage. The positive of shaving your face, however, is that it provides an excellent form of exfoliation and permits deeper product penetration. Check out our video on shaving!
Body wraps have been around for many years, dating all the way back to ancient Egypt, Greece and Rome. Body wraps are therapies that can detoxify and heal the body, remove excess fat and fluid from tissues, restore minerals, reduce joint pain, tighten and tone skin, and nourish and soften the skin. Just below the skin, there are three layers of fat. Within each layer of fat, there are individual fat cells which are surrounded by interstitial fluid. This fluid can accumulate in excess within the cells and between the cells because of a lack of exercise, aging, diets high in sale and sugar, and a buildup of toxins. Body wraps contain ingredients designed to draw out these excess fluids and toxins while restoring nutrients to the body.
Yes and no. If you are receiving the Signature Shrinking Full-Body Wrap, you will be doing light aerobic on a small rebounder. With this light movement, you will see better results as if just relaxing. However, the Full-Body Relaxation Wrap will give you the same benefits as the active wrap just not as much inch loss since the bandages will not be as tight.
Yes. If you have a special event or just really want to get a good tightening, you can get wrapped up to three times in one day. However, if time allows we recommend a wrap every other day, as the product is still working and it gives you time to drink plenty of water in between wraps and flush your system in between wraps.
This depends on several factors: 1) the results you are seeking; 2) the amount of loose skin or soft areas you may have; and 3) if you are willing to help the process by watching what you are eating. For example the following items should be ingested minimally between wraps: salt; sugar; white flour; and alcohol.
The toxins removed from the body using the full-body wrap will eventually build back up in the body. Your lifestyle and eating habits are the key factors to knowing how quickly the inches will return. If you make some changes to lead a healthier lifestyle, the inches will come back more slowly. If no changes are made, the lost inches will return gradually within 4-6 weeks.
What is a Chemical Peel and what will it do for me?
Chemical peel treatments aid in the restoration of silky, smooth skin. These peels target the surface layers of your skin in different ways depending on the chemical to correct sun damage, minimize wrinkles, and improve discoloration. Transforming your dull skin tone to a radiant glow is an investment in your well-being. When you look your best, you boost your self-confidence. You don’t have to wait weeks to get results as many clients notice an improvement after just one chemical peel session. However, if you want to see significant change in your skin, a series of peels is your best bet!
What should I do to prepare for a chemical treatment?
• If you are under the care of a physician, please consult with him/her prior to having a chemicaltreatment. Do not cease using prescribed medications unless instructed to do so by your treating physician.
• If you experience cold sores, it is advised that you take an anti-viral medication for two days prior to and two days after a chemical treatment.
• Do not have electrolysis, facial waxing or use depilatories for five days before a chemical treatment.
• Do not use trentinoin, Retin-A, Differin, Renova, Tazorac, Avage, EpiDuo or Ziana for 7 days before a chemical treatment.
• Do not use products containing benzyol peroxide, alpha-hydroxy acids, retinol or other form of Vitamin A for 5 days prior to a chemical treatment.
Whether a chemical treatment can be performed upon you and strength of the treatment may be impacted by health conditions, product usage, and skin health.
CHEMICAL TREATMENT POST-CARE
FIRST 48 HOURS:
• Stay cool! Heating internally can cause hyperpigmentation.
• Do not put the treated area directly into a hot shower spray.
• Do not use hot tubs, steam rooms, or saunas.
• Do not go swimming.
• Do not participate in activities that would cause excessive perspiration.
• Do not use loofahs, glycolic acid or any type of manual exfoliation.
• Do not direct a hair dryer onto the treated area.
• Do not apply ice or ice water to the treated area.
• After receiving a professional chemical treatment, you may not “peel” in the conventional sense. You should expect light, localized flaking for 2-5 days.
• Most patients have residual redness for approximately 1-12 hours post-procedure.
• It is recommended that makeup not be applied until the day after the treatment to allow the skin to stabilize and rest overnight. If necessary, makeup can be applied 15 minutes after treatment completion.
• Cleanse your face with water or a mild soap substitute. Gently moisturize your face a minimum of 3 times a day from the morning after the treatment until the flakiness subsides.
• Direct sunlight exposure is to be completely avoided immediately following the treatment (including any strong UV light exposure and tanning beds). If some sun exposure cannot be avoided, first apply sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater. Sunscreen (with at least a SPF of 15) should become a part of your daily skin care regimen as your skin will become more sensitive to the sun as a result of this treatment.
• Do not go to a tanning bed for at least 2 weeks post-procedure. This practice should be discontinued due to the increased risk of skin cancer and increased signs of aging associated with tanning beds.
• Do not peel, rub, or scratch your skin at anytime, whatsoever. This WILL cause damage and compromise your results as well as possibly cause hyperpigmentation to severe scarring.
• If you experience painful areas of the face, contact your skin care therapist immediately, especially if you are prone to cold sores. Any blisters that form will need to be reported immediately.
• Do not have electrolysis, facial waxing or use depilatories for approximately 5 days.
• It is recommended to delay use of tretinoin, Retin-A, Differin, Renova, Tazorac, Avage, EpiDuo or Ziana 5 days post-procedure. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing any prescription medications.
• It is recommended that other topical, over-the-counter medications or alpha hydroxyl acid products not be applied to the skin 7 days post-procedure, as they may cause irritation.
Products have been suggested for purchase and use after your chemical treatment, because they gently and effectively promote skin health during this recuperative period and assists with obtaining optimum results from the chemical treatment. You should follow this regimen for the 5-7 days following your treatment:
Green – dime
Yellow – dime
Apply under make-up
Green - dime
(3rd, 5th, 7th) Orange – nickel
Leave on 5-30 mins/rinse off
Purple – dime
Leave on overnight